|Traded as||Nasdaq: COIN|
|Founder||Brian Armstrong, Fred Ehrsam|
|Area served||100+ countries|
|Key people||Brian Armstrong (CEO & Co-Founder) Emilie Choi (President & COO) Alesia Haas (CFO)|
- Coinbase Global, Inc. , branded Coinbase, is an American company that operates a cryptocurrency exchange platform.
- Coinbase operates remote-first, and lacks an official physical headquarters.
- On April 14, 2021, Coinbase went public on the Nasdaq exchange via a direct listing.
- The company’s products for retail traders include:
- Coinbase, an app used to buy, store and trade different cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic and Litecoin.
- Coinbase Pro, a professional asset trading platform for trading digital assets.
- Coinbase Wallet, an app that allows customers to access decentralized crypto apps (dapps) using a dapp browser.
- Products for institutional traders include:
- Coinbase Prime, a trading platform for institutional customers.
- Coinbase Custody, specialist level services for institutions that hold bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies with Coinbase.
- Other cryptocurrency-related products include:
- USD Coin, a digital stablecoin that lets customers put up U.S. dollars in exchange for a cryptocurrency that has the same value but can be traded more quickly.
- Coinbase Card, a debit Visa card that allows customers to spend cryptocurrency.
- Coinbase Commerce, a payment service for merchants.
- Coinbase Earn, a cryptocurrency learning platform that rewards users with small amounts of altcoins for watching videos and taking quizzes to learn about them.
- The company develops an application programming interface (API) for developers and merchants to build applications and accept payments in digital currencies.
qTrade LLC is based in the United States, registered in Kansas.
To be fully compliant with US regulation, Qtrade never list projects that might be considered securities by SEC. If a project had a ico, token sale before, qtrade mostly likely won’t list it.
Trading options – Qtrade offer many new and innovative cryptocurrencies in addition to more popular ones.
- A core tenet:to support new and emerging blockchain technology.
Projects with the following features are more likely to get listed on qtrade.io:
- Innovation Projects that are doing something new and interesting with blockchain tech
- Not a security – qTrade is a US based asset exchange and not a securities exchange, so anything listed must not be considered a security under the Howey Test.
- Open Source – For closed source/copyright protected/obfusticated projects, it’s not possible to audit or modify the code.
- No premine/ICO – Fair distribution models
- Fresh Codebase/Built from scratch – VEO and SNOW are good examples of this, neither were forked from any codebase.
- Active Communities
Commitment to compliance – qTrade is committed to complying with all current U.S. regulations that help prevent, detect and remediate unlawful behavior by customers and virtual currency developers when using the qTrade trading platform or any of the company’s other services.
Trading engine built from scratch
- Qtrade’s custom trading engine was designed to be scaled up and stress tested to ensure that orders are executed rapidly.
- qtrade also support third-party trading platforms and algorithmic trading via their API
The qTrade team has a strong technical background and is experienced building platforms for blockchain and cryptocurrencies.
- In 2014 they wrote a profit switching mining pool from scratch and later expanded it to perform automatic currency conversion and arbitrage for their miners.
Fast and cheap deposits and withdrawals
Responsive support Qtrade team is available 7 days a week.
- Qtrade build their own transactions to allow easy off-site signing, ensure idempotency, and leverage cold wallet storage for additional safety.
- qTrade also supports two-factor authentication and provides a host of additional security features to provide multiple layers of protection.
Someone developed an open source trading bot for this exchange:(It places buy and sell orders for you at the best possible price, and at the best possible exposure): https://github.com/hclivess/qtrader
|Location||San Francisco, California, United States|
|Founded||July 28, 2011;|
|Key people||Jesse Powell (CEO)|
|Fiat currencies:||USD, EUR, JPY, GBP, CAD, AUD, CHF|
- Kraken is a United States-based cryptocurrency exchange and bank, founded in 2011.
- The exchange provides trading between cryptocurrency and fiat currencies, and provides price information to Bloomberg Terminal.
|Headquarters||New York City, New York, U.S.|
|Key people||Cameron Winklevoss (Co-founder), Tyler Winklevoss (Co-founder)|
- Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a cryptocurrency exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, and store digital assets.
- It is a New York trust company that is regulated by the New York State Department of Financial Services (NYDFS) and was founded in 2014 by Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss.
|Key People||Bill Shihara, Co-Founder and CEO; Richie Lai, Co-Founder and Chief Information Officer; Rami Kawach, Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer|
- It was founded in 2014 by three senior security managers from Amazon: Bill Shihara, co-founder and CEO; Richie Lai, co-founder and chief information officer; and Rami Kawach, co-founder and CTO.
- In June 2019, Bittrex announced that it would begin blocking U.S. users from trading 32 cryptocurrencies on the exchange, including QTUM.
- Bittrex said this would not affect the coins’ availability to non-U.S.users.