|Traded as||Nasdaq: COIN|
|Founder||Brian Armstrong, Fred Ehrsam|
|Area served||100+ countries|
|Key people||Brian Armstrong (CEO & Co-Founder) Emilie Choi (President & COO) Alesia Haas (CFO)|
- Coinbase Global, Inc. , branded Coinbase, is an American company that operates a cryptocurrency exchange platform.
- Coinbase operates remote-first, and lacks an official physical headquarters.
- On April 14, 2021, Coinbase went public on the Nasdaq exchange via a direct listing.
- The company’s products for retail traders include:
- Coinbase, an app used to buy, store and trade different cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic and Litecoin.
- Coinbase Pro, a professional asset trading platform for trading digital assets.
- Coinbase Wallet, an app that allows customers to access decentralized crypto apps (dapps) using a dapp browser.
- Products for institutional traders include:
- Coinbase Prime, a trading platform for institutional customers.
- Coinbase Custody, specialist level services for institutions that hold bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies with Coinbase.
- Other cryptocurrency-related products include:
- USD Coin, a digital stablecoin that lets customers put up U.S. dollars in exchange for a cryptocurrency that has the same value but can be traded more quickly.
- Coinbase Card, a debit Visa card that allows customers to spend cryptocurrency.
- Coinbase Commerce, a payment service for merchants.
- Coinbase Earn, a cryptocurrency learning platform that rewards users with small amounts of altcoins for watching videos and taking quizzes to learn about them.
- The company develops an application programming interface (API) for developers and merchants to build applications and accept payments in digital currencies.
|Location||San Francisco, California, United States|
|Founded||July 28, 2011;|
|Key people||Jesse Powell (CEO)|
|Fiat currencies:||USD, EUR, JPY, GBP, CAD, AUD, CHF|
- Kraken is a United States-based cryptocurrency exchange and bank, founded in 2011.
- The exchange provides trading between cryptocurrency and fiat currencies, and provides price information to Bloomberg Terminal.
|Headquarters||New York City, New York, U.S.|
|Key people||Cameron Winklevoss (Co-founder), Tyler Winklevoss (Co-founder)|
- Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a cryptocurrency exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, and store digital assets.
- It is a New York trust company that is regulated by the New York State Department of Financial Services (NYDFS) and was founded in 2014 by Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss.
|Key People||Bill Shihara, Co-Founder and CEO; Richie Lai, Co-Founder and Chief Information Officer; Rami Kawach, Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer|
- It was founded in 2014 by three senior security managers from Amazon: Bill Shihara, co-founder and CEO; Richie Lai, co-founder and chief information officer; and Rami Kawach, co-founder and CTO.
- In June 2019, Bittrex announced that it would begin blocking U.S. users from trading 32 cryptocurrencies on the exchange, including QTUM.
- Bittrex said this would not affect the coins’ availability to non-U.S.users.